Rock climbing is a thrilling sport that requires an ability to learn to trust yourself and others. It provides both physical and mental challenges that will propel you outside of your comfort zone resulting in personal growth and increased strength.
In this introductory class, the emphasis is on being safe while having fun. You will learn:
• The safety features of a harness
• Knot-tying skills universally used throughout the climbing world
• Required climbing gear
• How to communicate with your climbing partner
• How to belay your climbing partner
• Rope management such as lowering your partner on top rope
• Fundamental climbing technique
At the end of the day, we celebrate your achievements with a beverage at one of Bowen’s favourite locals hangouts.