On this adventure you will be guided by one of Bowen’s cherished foodie experts. She will lead you on an educational journey of discovery of the bounty that nature offers where you will learn how to seek out edible plants by the season. You will walk away with awareness about:
• Being able to identify edible plants (and other foodstuffs)
• Where to search
• Assessing quality of the environment
• How to sustainably harvest
• Necessary tools of the trade
• What to cook with your edible treasures
Please be aware these are gentle walks, however, the terrain can be moderately steep in short sections and does have potential tripping hazards such as rocks and roots. There will be occasion to go off-trail.