There’s nothing like the exhilaration of swimming outdoors. Whether you want to go for a relaxing shoreline swim or take on a more challenging open-water adventure, there are important skills and knowledge you need to have when transitioning from the pool to the ocean. Maximize your safety and enjoyment in this afternoon adventure. This informative session will help you learn to:
• Acclimatize to cooler water temperatures
• Use proper basic open-water swim and breathing techniques
• Apply open-water orientation skills and sighting
• Locate suitable ocean entry and exit points
• Understand ocean currents and how to estimate distances
• Handle an emergency in the water and minimize risk
• Relax and have fun!
You will have the opportunity to immediately apply this valuable information by going for a short ocean swim. This island is blessed with many scenic swimming locations. We will explore some of Bowen’s more secluded beaches and wild coastline to assess them for swimming suitability. At our chosen destination, you will experience the thrill of going for a shoreline swim.
Once dried off and back in the Cove, we will unwind with a special treat at one of Bowen’s favourite hangouts.